Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I totally did an awesome deal!

Well, not technically. My husband did the trip for me. But thanks to WhoSaidNothingInLifeisFree??? I was able to do the covergirl deal at Winn Dixie. Poor hubby had to go pick out makeup for me. Not as bad as feminine products, so the man got off easy. Anyway, I told him to make sure he got stuff that was over 8 bucks each, since I had 4 BOGO coupons and covergirl was BOGO at Winn Dixie. So that means FREE makeup. And the cherry on top of that sweet delicious deal? Oh, they also give you a $10 catalina if you spent over $30 on the product. Seriously. So he found the lightest makeup he could (I am the palest person in Florida. I go to the beach and people think I am from Minnesota or something.) and checked out. Then I asked him to do another transaction. Which he totally fought me on. But did like I asked, like a good hubby should. We did the Winn Dixie breakfast deal, in which you buy 3 boxes of cereal and get coffee, bacon, gallon of milk, and donuts for FREE. I gave him coupons for the cereal and he used the $10 catalina to pay for the rest. That total came out to 68 CENTS. Total we paid was a little over $3-just for tax!!!! THREE DOLLARS??? Pure awesomeness. 8 covergirl foundations, milk, 3 big boxes of Cherrios, donuts, bacon, and coffee for three whole dollars. I pay more than that usually for just a gallon of milk.
Want to know the best part??? You are probably thinking, it can't get any better than that. Oh, it can. My husband was FINALLY impressed. He couldn't stop talking about it. Usually I get a good job, pat on the back, a "good job" hug. But he didn't understand my THRILL of saving so much money....until today. He just kept saying "I can't believe how much money you saved". And seriously, those were the last words he said as he fell asleep. I had a huge grin on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment