Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Trying to sleep again

It has been about 3 years since I have gotten a decent nights sleep. Yes, I have a 3 year old daughter and a 6 year old son but they are not the reason I don't sleep (ok they have a little to do with it). My crazy debt is what keeps me awake at night. I worry about it all the time. I mean ALL THE TIME. Your probably thinking, how bad can it be? Yeah, bad. Here is the number. Hold on I am still cringing and holding my breath. Don't judge, ok? OK, I know you will, but just talk about it behind my back. What I don't know won't kill me. $50,872. Yep, over FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS!!! Does that count my mortgage? hahahahhaha! I wish! That is my credit cards, car loan, personal loan, and home equity. We have not always been the smartest people when it came to money. Hey, shopping and eating out is so much better then not. Duhz. We have had our ups and downs with money. We were stupid before, but got everything paid off. Then BAM 6 months later my husband lost his job. I know, we are all hearing that same story. My husband used to have a very good paying job-$60K a year. Plus my $30. We were so naive. Well 3 months after he lost his job, I had my daughter and my mom couldn't watch the kids anymore. So not only did we lose his income, we gained 2 more expenses-daycare and a new baby! So our debt quickly started to add up. He got a job 6 months later, but for 20k less then he made before. I also quit my job and started an in-home daycare. The first year was super hard. But I couldn't afford daycare and I wanted to be with my babies. Did all of our debt happen cause of that? No. Remember what I said before? We like to shop and eat. Deadly combination. And it really is hard to adjust yourself down to a new income. Really. Hard. For us anyways.
So, I am going to hold myself accountable. I have been making great steps to do it, but keep slipping every once in a while. But I figure if other people are going to hold me accountable, I can do it better. I have become a coupon freak. I would never had touch a coupon before. Like I said, I was stupid. Dude, it is like free money. I constantly roll my eyes at myself. Anyways, I will be posting what deals I make, little ways I/we make money (surveys, swagbucks, etc.), and my totals. Come along for my debt roller coaster ride. Please keep your hands inside the vehicle and no flash photography. If you get sick, please puke somewhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment